Griffin welcomes your next production!
We have been the production site for numerous films and series including Hunger Games Mockingjay, The Walking Dead, Rectify, Black Panter, Jumanji, The Fighting Temptations, Miss Lettie & Me, Selma Lord Selma, and more. Our goal is to provide easier, faster, and better access to production resources and location information.
If you have any questions about locations, amenities, permits and fees contact Karen Bennett, our Camera Ready Liaison, at 770-229-6402 and via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Companies filming within the City of Griffin must file a Media Productions Application with the office of Planning and Development.
Please review our Media Productions Ordinance to understand fully the responsibilities of your production. After reviewing the ordinance, click here for a copy of the permit application.
In addition to the application, please submit the following items:
• Narrative describing the scope of all production activities,
• Letter or other agreement from film location property owner giving permission for activities,
• Map showing all proposed film locations,
• Request for off-duty police personnel,
• Request for city-owned buildings or property (other than public road right-of-way), if necessary. Separate rental fees or charges may be negotiated.
• Productions occurring in or near residential areas (within 500 feet) must include written acknowledgement of notice from those residents, to the extent feasible,
• A signed indemnification and hold harmless agreement,
• And a Certificate of Insurance naming the City of Griffin as an additional insured for no less than $1,000,000.
Before submitting your application, it is recommended that applicants sit down with Karen Bennett, our Camera Ready Liaison to review your application and answer any questions. Once completed, all items should be submitted to email@example.com. After submission, please allow ten (10) business days for review.
Thank you for considering Griffin for your next production. We look forward to working with you during your application process.