Griffin welcomes your next production! We have been the production site for numerous films and series including Mockingjay, The Walking Dead, Rectify, The Fighting Temptations, Miss Lettie & Me, Selma Lord Selma, and more. Our goal is to provide easier, faster, and better access to production resources and location information.
If you have any questions about locations or amenities, contact Kenwin Hayes, our Camera Ready Liaison, at 770-233-2901 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about permits and fees, please contact Michele Johnson, our Tax and License Specialist, at 770-229-6402 or via email at email@example.com.
No permit is required for filming within most areas of Spalding County. Companies filming within the City of Griffin must file a Media Productions Application with the office of Planning and Development.
Please review our Media Productions Ordinance to understand fully the responsibilities of your production. After reviewing the ordinance, click here for a copy of the permit application.
In addition to the application, please submit the following items:
• Narrative describing the scope of all production activities,
• Letter or other agreement from film location property owner giving permission for activities,
• Map showing all proposed film locations,
• Request for off-duty police personnel,
• Request for city-owned buildings or property (other than public road right-of-way), if necessary. Separate rental fees or charges may be negotiated.
• Productions occurring in or near residential areas (within 500 feet) must include written acknowledgement of notice from those residents, to the extent feasible,
• A signed indemnification and hold harmless agreement,
• And a Certificate of Insurance naming the City of Griffin as an additional insured for no less than $1,000,000.
Before submitting your application, it is recommended that applicants sit down with Michele Johnson, our Tax and License Specialist to review your application and answer any questions. Once completed, all items should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. After submission, please allow ten (10) business days for review. If you have any questions about permitting and fees, you can also contact Michelle at 770-229-6402.
• Application Fees
- Low-impact activity - $100.00
- For production activities scheduled for less than fourteen (14) consecutive dates.
- No street closure, obstruction or interference with normal traffic flow, including pedestrian use of sidewalks and public right-of-way, including on-street parking spaces or parking in alleys and side streets
- High Impact activity - $250.00
- For production activities scheduled for at least fifteen (15) consecutive dates.
- Activities requiring street closure, obstruction or interference with normal traffic flow, including pedestrian use of sidewalks and public right-of-way, including on-street parking spaces or parking in alleys and side streets.
• Daily permit fees
- High-Impact Activity & Low-Impact Activity - $100.00 per day
- Applied to each calendar day on which production activity physically occurs within the city.
- Payable upon the last day of scheduled activity
If you have any questions about permitting and fees, contact Michelle Johnson at 770-229-6402.